BannerFans.com

Ads

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hongkong Backpacker/DIY: Avenue of Stars, Symphony of Lights, Sky100, HK Clock Tower, HK Cultural Center, Star Ferry

5. Avenue of Stars

After the temple I went back to Tsim Sha Tsui to check in to the hotel and charge my phone and freshen up.  Elaine was already there and she personally showed us our room.  Around 4pm I went back out and walked along the Avenue of Stars. It was just a 4min walk from my hotel and when I got there the whole place was almost covered with tourist. Posing for selfies and what not. Capturing the beautiful ocean view facing Central and the stone figures and hand prints of Famous Chinese stars. 

View of Central from Avenue of Stars





6. HK Museum of Art


7. HK Space Museum 



8. HK Clock Tower

This is like a symbol in HK, one of which frequent to tourist. Wiki says this is a remnant of an old railway station. 



9. The Flying Frenchman

This was made by Cesar Baldaccini, a french sculpture. 



9. Sky 100



The play of lights from the building to the ferris wheel and the street lights was very dramatic. I was overwhelmed I didn't realize it was almost 8pm and I need to head back to Kowloon for the Symphony of Lights. I really wanted to explore Central but I can't miss the lights show so I ran towards the Central Pier and catched the ferry that was just about to leave. Lucky me! 

10. Star Ferry

Star ferry is an old fashioned means of transportation from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central so its a must try. Its a quick boat ride with an amazing sea view. 

Inside Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry Pier
 
Inside Star Ferry

Star Cruises in harbor

Central Pier

@night

11. HK Cultural Center

This is my view of HKCC from inside the Star Ferry

12. Symphony of Lights

When I got to the viewing deck in front of the clock tower, it was already jam-packed. It was the perfect spot for the light show. Full with tourist and natives. Almost everyone is holding up their phones and cameras trying to caputure the moment. The show lasted for almost 10 minutes, its like a showdown amongst the high rise buildings in Central. It was entertaining nonetheless. 


Tourist and locals up the viewing deck. 

After the light show I went back to my hotel to get an hour rest and then go out to check out the night market in Mongkok. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to do that because I was too tired to get up and so I decided to just sleep the night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment